The Referral Process
Admission to the inpatient program is based on assessment of a variety of clinical criteria to assure the patient’s needs will be met by our services. Our Admissions Coordinator, along with medical staff, conducts a comprehensive assessment of the needs of each patient seeking admission, based on materials sent by the outpatient treating clinician/team. All patients must have an outpatient treatment team (therapist & psychiatrist) prior to admission with whom they can continue to work upon discharge.
- The treating clinician must refer a prospective patient through personal phone contact with the Admissions Coordinator for the Trauma Disorders Unit. The Admissions Coordinator can be contacted at (410) 938-5078, or 1-800-627-0330, x 5078.
- The Admissions Coordinator will gather demographic and clinical information for purposes of intake screening.
- The Admissions Coordinator will promptly notify the referrer whether the patient has been accepted based on clinical appropriateness, bed availability, and insurance status.
- Arrangements for admission to the Trauma Disorders Inpatient Unit are coordinated through the Trauma Admissions Coordinator and the hospital Admissions Office. If the unit is full, patients accepted for admission may need to be placed on a referral list.
- The Admissions Coordinator is the point of contact for all issues related to referrals. Any questions/concerns regarding referral status should be directed to the Admissions Coordinator.